Bonnet Ponson Les Vignes Dieu Blanc de Blancs 2008 (750ML)
Critic Scores, Reviews & Descriptions
The expression of our oldest Chardonnay plot : a vintage Blanc de Blancs aged for a minimum of 6 years in bottle
Planted in 1962 by André bonnet, the parcel of “les Vignes Dieu” is located on a steep hill of Coulommes la Montagne, facing the south-east. the calcareous clay soil preserves the acidity and freshness of the chardonnay while letting it reach a perfect ripening.
A special winemaking done partially under oak, in order to respect the character of “Les Vignes Dieu” terroir, a balance between power and elegance.
- 100% Chardonnay, single parcel planted in 1962
- “Les vignes-dieu” (vines of god) is one of the best lieu-dit of Coulommes-la-Montagne, on the south facing part of the village’s vineyard
- Sandy/clay soil, well drained and quite shallow; presence of little pebbles from the alteration of the calcareous bedrock
- Aging on lies of 7 month, with regular stirring until the bottling for the barrel part
- Aging in bottle of 6 years
- 6 to 8 g/l, traditional liqueur
Since Grégoire Bonnet in 1862, six generations of the family have built the house of Champagne Bonnet-Ponson. Thierry Bonnet and his son, Cyril, are now the guardians of tradition and maintain the original style of winemaking by sourcing fruit from only their family-held vineyards. The legacy is spread over 26 acres and five Premier Cru and Grand Cru villages: Chamery, Vrigny, Coulommes la Montagne, Verzenay and Verzy. With a desire to preserve the terroir and the continuing search to improve their wines, Bonnet-Ponson now manages their vineyards using organic practices. - Importer's Notes
Customers also viewed