Delmas Blanquette De Limoux Tradition Brut NV (750ML)
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 6 - 11 and get 5% off
- Buy 12 or above and get 10% off
Critic Scores, Reviews & Descriptions
Tasting Notes: Fresh, racy with a typical notes of crisp green apple and honey. The Mauzac grape varietal gives this wine its classic Blanquette de Limoux characteristics of crisp green apple. The texture is creamy, with very fine bubbles. Well-structured with fresh elegance and good length.
Varietal Composition: Mauzac (Blanquette) and Chenin Blanc
Elaboration: Méthode traditionelle – the second fermentation takes place in the bottle, the classic vinification technique for fine bubbles. This wine is Brut with 5-7 grams of sugar per liter.
• The vineyards grow in the cool climate, western edge of AOC Limoux, in the foothills of the Pyrenees mountains near the Medieval walled city of Carcassonne in Languedoc.
• The grapes are harvested by hand from the Campgrand, Espilies, and Le Pech vineyards.
• The name “Blanquette” comes from whitish color on the underside of the leaf of the Mauzac varietal, grown exclusively in Limoux.
• Grapes are grown from vineyards that are certified organic.
Domaine Delmas has long been considered a reference point for Limoux bubbles and the house is operated by Bernard Delmas, his wife Marlene, and their son Baptiste.
Bernard Delmas was a well-known chef before returning to Limoux to run his family’s business, and Bernard has made many improvements at Delmas over the years, most nobably a conversion to organic farming (Delmas was the first organically certified producer in Limoux back in 1986) and the expansion of their vineyard holdings (all high elevation in the mountains that circle the town) from 3 to 32 hectares,
Aging in bottle goes well beyond the established Limoux standards – Wines spend up to 36 months on lees and this is very apparent when one puts a glass of Bernard’s cuvees to his/her nose.