Loading... Please wait...
***FREE WINE STORAGE - SHIPPING NOT RECOMMENDED due to extreme weather & COVID-19 delays. More details on our Shipping Page.

Wine Shop

  • Image 1

Louis Roederer Brut Premier NV (750ML)

$44.99
SKU:
LROEBRPRNVB
 ?  Estimated Time of Arrival:
In Stock
Available Inventory:
23
Quantity:

Other Details

Vintage:
NV
Appellation:
Champagne
Format:
750ML
Stock Status:
In Stock
Stock Status:
Store Stock

Critic Scores, Reviews & Descriptions

94 DE / 92 WS / 92 JS / 91 VM / 91 WA / 91 DE

42% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay, 18% Meunier from 55% estate vineyards; 16% fermented and matured in oak casks; 30% malolactic. The rise and evolution of this cuvée over the past 15 years, and particularly since the construction of its dedicated facility in 2007, has showed no sign of slowing today, as Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon continues his fanatical regime of experimenting, tweaking and refining every detail. I’ve long adored Brut Premier, a grand pinnacle and dependable bargain in the non-vintage Champagne stakes. - Tyson Stelzer, Decanter

This is well-spiced and creamy in texture, with a raciness and tension to the flavors of crushed blackberry, candied ginger and mandarin orange peel, showing a rich hint of coffee liqueur on the finish. Bright and harmonious. Tasted from magnum. Drink now through 2022. 1,624 cases imported. - Alison Napjus, The Wine Spectator

Just the right amount of reduction here, holding lemon, white peach, wild cherries and more savory notes of spice and grilled nuts really fresh. The palate delivers punchy impact with impressive build and a nicely honed textural thread. Acidity, as ever, is paramount. Drink now. - James Suckling

(40% Chardonnay, 40% Pinot Noir and 20% Pinot Meunier): Pale gold. Spice- and mineral-accented orchard and pit fruits on the intensely perfumed nose, with hints of toasty lees and brioche adding complexity. Sappy, penetrating and floral on the palate, offering juicy Meyer lemon, pear and melon flavors braced by a smoky mineral underpinning. Closes spicy and very long, leaving a sexy honeysuckle note behind. - Josh Raynolds, Vinous Media

Based on the 2013 vintage (75%) and complemented with 25% reserve wines going back to 2006, Roederer's NV Brut Premier (2013) has a straw yellow color and offers lovely intensity and finesse on the nose, displaying brioche and honey notes along with ripe white fruit and flowery aromas. Round and fresh on the beautifully balanced palate and with a refreshing citrus flavor in the clear, crisp and pure finish, this is a very elegant, vital and stimulating cuvée made of 35% Pinot Noir, 38% Chardonnay and 28% Pinot Meunier. According to Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon, 2013 was a very good vintage for Pinot Noir. "2013 was a late harvest. We picked the grapes only in October," explained Lécaillon, who used 55% own grapes for the Brut Premier. "In wet years, the percentage of Meunier is always higher because Meunier doesn't need to be super ripe. I am happy with 9.5% alcohol here because I need the clear and crisp freshness to balance the vinosity of Pinot." It is the wine of the purchased, less ripe grapes from the Marne Valley that undergoes the process of malolactic fermentation (in total: 40%), Lécaillon said, and he never sends Chardonnay into the second (malolactic) fermentation in order to avoid the butterscotch flavors. To make a long story short: Roederer's NV Brut Premier is a classic aperitif and gastronomic wine that can be served everywhere and anytime. Tasted in Reims in May 2018. - Stephan Reinhardt, The Wine Advocate

The main thing that helps Roederer's non-vintage Champagne to stand above much of the competition is the high proportion of estate-owned vineyards. With around 240ha under vine, mostly in prime grand cru or premier cru sites, Roederer is able to carefully control quality. Approximately 60% of the fruit for this Champagne is from estate-owned vines, with the other 40% coming from carefully vetted long-term suppliers. This has a lemon and apple nose which leads into a creamy, rich palate with more apple and citrus, along with some subtle astringency and peppery spice from the oak-aged portion. The finish is long, vibrant and lemony. Classy stuff! - James Button, Decanter

Customers also viewed

Related Products

Click the button below to add the Louis Roederer Brut Premier NV (750ML) to your wish list.