Our Corporate Motto is: "Supporting your pursuit of the world's finest wines" and we believe that says it all. Grand Vin Wine Merchants simply does not exist without our customers and we bring the same passion and energy to our Client Services as we do to sourcing the wines we sell.
The Grand Vin Wine Merchants' Retail Experience:
We are a neighborhood wine shop that is global in focus and scope. While we bring a personal touch to every transaction, we also utilize our widespread contacts to ensure the best possible sourcing and delivery systems available today. For years, our Team Members have developed strong relationships with the best importers and shippers in the business (such as Bordeaux Wine Locators) to ensure sizable allocations of Bordeaux and other fine wines – of exceptional provenance – for you, our clientele. We believe that building strong relationships with our clients is key to professional success and long-term viability and as you will see, the GVWM Team Members are friendly wine lovers: happy to share their wine knowledge, expertise, and current wine obsessions with any who inquire!
Education/Building Your Cellar:
Grand Vin Wine Merchants is more than a fine wine retail store - we are source of information and education! We are happy to assist with your wine pursuits of all types and sizes. Finding bottles from Anniversary and Birthday vintages is a specialty of ours and our worldwide sourcing and fine wine knowledge make us an invaluable partner and resource for when you wish to stock your wine cellar.
In addition, members of our team visit Bordeaux every year in the spring during the Union des Grands Cru to taste through the latest vintage and meet with producers and suppliers. Following this trip we publish an annual report that is complete with an assessment of the vintage and tasting notes for your reference. Visit our Pre-arrivals/Futures page to see our Bordeaux vintage reports.
What is "Ex-Château" or "Ex-Cellars"?
This refers to newly-released wines that have been stored since bottling at the winery that produced them. There is no better way to ensure that a wine has been lying undisturbed in a temperature-controlled setting since its inception.
Why is this important to you?
Because provenance is of the utmost importance to our clients, we at Grand Vin offer an unparalleled array of wines recently released from the Château. This ensures that our wines are in the best possible condition, from the winery to your table.
If you haven't already, be sure to login to receive our special offers of these rare and exceptional releases!
Just like you, we are fascinated with the world of wine and regular wine tastings are a staple at our storefront. Likewise, if you wish to host a wine event at a venue of your choosing, we are happy to assist in any way we can: from wine selection to seminar presentation.
Disclosure of Purchase/Payment/Return/Cancellation and Return Policy -
- Refunds, returns and exchanges will be accepted in the case of error or mis-shipment. Otherwise, all sales are final.
- You must be an adult 21 years or older to purchase wines from Grand Vin Wine Merchants. A GVWM Team Member will verify your age when you buy wine from our store located at: 1003 4th Avenue East, Olympia, WA 98506. And to purchase wines from the GVWM website, you will be required to verify your age prior to purchasing your wine.
- All sales are completed in the state of Washington. For In-Store Sales, we accept the following methods of payment: cash and most major credit cards. For Internet Sales, we accept: most major credit cards. Internet Order Confirmations, In-Store Sales Invoices, and related costs must be paid in full prior to shipment or collection.A Gvwm Team Associate will contact you regarding payment option for future delivery orders.
- All claim and title to the wines sold by Grand Vin Wine Merchants transfers to the Buyer once the Buyer’s payment has been verified.
- Washington State Sales Tax will be collected for all sales, collections and shipments completed within the state’s borders. Buyers are responsible for addressing taxation concerns for sales made beyond the state of Washington’s borders.
Our Hours of Operation:
Customer Service Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Standard Time
Curbside Pickup Hours: Monday - Friday 3:00pm to 5:00pm Pacific Standard Time
Our Store Address:
2950 32nd Ave SW
Tumwater, WA 98512
Phone: For calls within the United States please dial (360) 350-4896 or for international calls, please dial +1.360.350.4896.
Se habla español. Si tiene preguntas en español sobre ordenes o nuestros vinos, puede enviar un mensaje electronico a: email@example.com
Disclosure of Method of Transaction Security
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Disclosure of Transaction Currency
- Only currency accepted at this time is the US Dollar.
U.S. EXPORT LAWS
- This Site and the Services found at this Site are subject to the export laws, restrictions, regulations and administrative acts of the United States Department of Commerce, Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”), State Department, and other United States authorities (collectively, “U.S. Export Laws”). Users shall not export or re-export, or allow the export or re-export of, the Services found at this Site in violation of any U.S. Export Laws. None of the Services found at this Site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) any country with which the United States has embargoed trade; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Denied Persons List, or any other denied parties lists under U.S. Export Laws. By using this Site and the Services found at this Site, you agree to the foregoing and represent and warrant that you are not a national or resident of, located in, or under the control of, any restricted country; and you are not on any denied parties list; and you agree to comply with all U.S. Export Laws (including “anti-boycott”, “deemed export” and “deemed re-export” regulations). If you access this Site or the Services found at this Site from other countries or jurisdictions, you do so on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with the local laws of that jurisdiction, if and to the extent those local laws are applicable and do not conflict with U.S. Export Laws. If such laws conflict with U.S. Export Laws, you shall not access this Site or the Services found at this Site. The obligations under this section shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement or your use of this Site or the Services found at this Site.
COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAWS
- Grand Vin Wine Merchants makes no representation or warranty that the content available on this Site or the Services found at this Site are appropriate in every country or jurisdiction, and access to this Site or the Services found at this Site from countries or jurisdictions where its content is illegal is prohibited. Users who choose to access this Site or the Services found at this Site are responsible for compliance with all local laws, rules and regulations.
GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION; VENUE; WAIVER OF TRIAL BY JURY
- Except for disputes governed by the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy referenced above and available here, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the federal law of the United States and the state law of Washington, whichever is applicable, without regard to conflict of laws principles. You agree that any action relating to or arising out of this Agreement shall be brought in the state or federal courts of Thurston County, Washington, and you hereby consent to (and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to) jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of Thurston County, Washington. You agree to waive the right to trial by jury in any action or proceeding that takes place relating to or arising out of this Agreement.
TITLES AND HEADINGS; INDEPENDENT COVENANTS; SEVERABILITY
- The titles and headings of this Agreement are for convenience and ease of reference only and shall not be utilized in any way to construe or interpret the agreement of the parties as otherwise set forth herein. Each covenant and agreement in this Agreement shall be construed for all purposes to be a separate and independent covenant or agreement. If a court of competent jurisdiction holds any provision (or portion of a provision) of this Agreement to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining provisions (or portions of provisions) of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby and shall be found to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Disclosure of Delivery Policy
- Grand Vin Wine Merchants will gladly act as your shipping agent and arrange for a licensed carrier to transport your purchases to your chosen shipping destination.
- Buyers are responsible for following all laws and regulations regarding the shipping (and/or importation) of wine to their chosen shipping address.
- Currently, shipping service levels consist of: Standard Overnight; 2-day Air; and Ground levels of service. Buyers are responsible for insuring their wine once it leaves the GVWM facilities.
- To receive your shipment, an adult 21 years or older must sign for its release at the time of delivery.
- If the licensed carriers cannot ship to your chosen destination, we strongly suggest that you alter your shipping address. If an alternate address is not available, a GVWM Team Member will contact you.
- Since exposure to high and low temperatures can damage wine, we strongly recommend that Buyers postpone shipment during the height of the summer and winter months. If Buyers insist on shipping in such weather conditions, GVWM cannot be held responsible for any adverse affects to the wine and the Buyer will be required to sign a Shipping Release relieving GVWM of any liability.
- All wines delivered within the state of Washington are subject to local taxes based upon the location of the shipping address.
- For wines purchased with the condition of a future delivery date, (e.g. 2010 Bordeaux futures which are due to arrive in the Fall of 2013) a GVWM Team Member will contact the Buyer to arrange for shipping once the wine is available to ship. On occasion, the shipping specifics for wines scheduled to arrive within 4 months of purchase (or sooner) can be made at the time of order via the GVWM website.