null
 Loading... Please wait...
***SHIPPING NOT RECOMMENDED IN SOME STATES due to weather & COVID-19 delays. TEMPORARY WINE STORAGE AVAILABLE. Details on our Shipping Page.

Wine Shop

  • Image 1

Vinedo Chadwick 2018 (750ML)

$345.00
SKU:
VCHADMVAB8B
 ?  Estimated Time of Arrival:
Pre-Arrival: Call/Email to Order
Minimum Purchase:
3 unit(s)
Available Inventory:
24
Quantity:

Other Details

Vintage:
2018
Format:
750ML
Appellation:
Maipo Valley
Stock Status:
Pre-Arrival

Critic Scores, Reviews & Descriptions

98 JS / 98 DE / 97 WA

The aromas show blackcurrant, pine-tree, violet and light spearmint character. Full-bodied, yet reserved and tight with fine, creamy tannins. Hints of currants and fresh herbs. Extremely long and layered. Try after 2022. - James Suckling

Stand back and admire the tannic structure on display here, giving just the right amount of space to let through sweet cherry, raspberry, thyme, black pepper and spiced rosemary notes at this early stage, and promising so much more as it ages. Overall Viñedo Chadwick has a more savoury edge than it did in its earlier years of production, less cocoa and chocolate and more eucalyptus and menthol, showing a more classically-trained Cabernet Sauvignon character with grip and concentration. The grapes are grown on old gravel terraces with great drainage, close to the Andes ensuring the breezes that allow long slow ripening. One to savour. 80% new oak, with the remaining 20% in large oak casks, 3.55pH. - Jane Anson, Decanter

They talk about textbook climate conditions during the growing season for the grapes used for the 2018 Viñedo Chadwick, mostly Cabernet Sauvignon with a 3% dash of Petit Verdot. The vines are planted on alluvial soils, and the grapes were picked in the morning and transported to the winery to be fermented in a combination of stainless steel (75%) and troncoconic concrete vats. Eighty percent of the wine matured in new French oak barriques and the remaining 20% in Stockinger oak foudres for a period of 22 months. It's 13.5% alcohol and has very good acidity. Viñedo Chadwick is a little warmer as a zone than the vineyards of Seña, but the wine is still very fresh, with moderate alcohol, perfectly ripe fruit and super integrated oak, coming through as elegant within the powerful style of the zone, with red and black fruit, some aromatic herbs, the cedary and spicy notes of the variety and the signature tannins of Cabernet, keeping the juiciness of the last few years. The little bit of Petit Verdot in the blend gives it a spicy touch. It's vibrant, balanced and intense, still a little young and creamy, and I'd wait a little bit longer before pulling the cork. This can surely age in bottle, as it has the ingredients and the balance to do so; it has the elegance of 2016 with a little more structure and depth—and a little more clout too. 10,000 bottles produced. It was bottled in February 2020. - Luis Gutiérrez, Wine Advocate

Customers also viewed

Related Products

Click the button below to add the Vinedo Chadwick 2018 (750ML) to your wish list.